Monday, July 30, 2007

Facebook

Hey all!
You may have received an email from ron.sandvik@uni.edu to join Facebook. Facebook is a social network that sports many little features and utilites to help groups like ours stay in touch. Those who have responded are now in a group called Vermont College of Fine Arts. This is a group that is within University of Northern Iowa Network for the time being. I have requested a network for Vermont College of Fine Arts. When that becomes available I'll let everyone know.

Nice features about Facebook is easy loading of photos and videos. Also, those who want to share writing should be able to do so without the "published" problems that come with the blogosphere. There are personal profiles and photo albums as well. There are tools to arrange events with (at or away from residency). You can select people as "friends" in the group which gives more ability to communicate with you. The more friends, the better. Certainly some of these features will be great as eventually we will all graduate and want to stay in touch. This is a great place to post your successes and what you are up to.

I encourage all of you to check Facebook out and I hope to get our own network going soon. More on that later.

3 Comments:

Blogger malcolm said...

Yodle, Ron --

I'm all for checking this out. Time gets in the way, even though time does not exist (I say to myself whenever running behind to pick up this son from soccer practice or drop off that son to swim team).

I pledge to face the Facebook shortly after packet goes out. I bet it's very cool, and oogley-googley, if it's what the younguns' of today do, I need any and all means of remaining youthful in heart (given belly and receding hairline belie my age).

be well, friend
mc

8/03/2007 7:39 AM  
Blogger Lené Gary said...

Hey Ron--This is very cool!!! Thanks for doing this. I uploaded a ton of photos for folks to enjoy. I look forward to seeing how this facebook thing works.

:)

Hi Malcolm!

8/08/2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger Everette said...

If I'd just remember my password, I'd go to Facebook more often.

How eerily coincidental does that sentence sound to me, just now?

p.s. A change of life isn't just about hormones.

8/19/2007 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home