Saturday, February 04, 2006

Initial Suggestions & Rotating Administrators

As you look over the site, please let us know what suggestions you have. Several ways to make them:

  • First, you can include any ideas in a comment to this post, which can become a type of "running brainstorm."
  • Second, you can create a new post at any time with ideas on which others can comment.
  • Finally, if you'd rather not go public with suggestions, you can send an email to: onionriverroundtable@yahoo.com and we'll reply.

One other note: Blogs must have administrators.

Because Ron, Lené & I picked up the conversation and cranked it up, we'll continue for a semester or so to work out kinks, etc. But eventually, we hope other people will want to step up to join in the administration.

If you're experienced with HTML and blogs, let us know. We can always use the help. Meanwhile, as time goes and the Roundtable moves on, we'll appreciate other folks taking an interest in helping run the site.

Thanks!

5 Comments:

Blogger Zack Kopp said...

Hi guys. Hope you're all doing well. This site looks great and gave me a sudden cheerful lift when i checked it--it looks very official and earnest--(so I don't have any cosmetic suggestions). I worked for an online TV station called ManiaTV this summer--(totally cheesy and lame, geared to mass-minded pop-shopper kids)--and posted daily fictional blogs at that job under a fictional name for 6 months--I enjoyed having that resource for my own writing-self in a way, it was very good practice--and it occus to me that maybe another subcategory of this site or blog or whatever could either be a running commentary on "writing" (starring the daily travails of some fictional "writer":"She called herself a 'writer'" etc.)or even a forum for writing by all us MFA kids....if it was all works in progress I guess we could even have a sort of virtual inspirational clinic--just a thought--
I look forward to networking--

2/07/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger malcolm said...

Zack, I love the ideas. I'm glad you have so much Blog experience. Start whatever you feel inspired to start. Once I get around to going through my school notes, I plan to post some ideas/questions/topics round some of the great lectures I attended.

Hang tight - or loose - the world spins fast,
mc

2/08/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger Lené Gary said...

Zach--sounds like an interesting job--writing blog fiction for pop-shopper kids. What are pop-shopper kids anyway?

Keep forming the ideas, Zach. I'm interested but I'm not totally clear on what you're seeing. Hope you're doing swell! :)

2/08/2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Zack Kopp said...

Hey Lene (i don't know how to add that accent-mark--please let me know how and I will in the future gladly),

That WAS an interesting job, really one in a million, since it consisted almost entirely of my own imagination (coming up with crazy stories for that blog every day--I could say whatever I wanted as long as I dropped an HTML.link to their website at the end).
The whole ManiaTV trip in my opinion was totally cheesy and lame, so--Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it should be like that, just noting that experience writing blogs for them as the inspiration for my current idea, of an fictional blog on here--I was just about to go ahead and post the first entry, starring male and female protagonists, both of whom are writers, and their funny adventures one day just trying to get published or understand existence or you know, one of the many other things a writer always does, the idea being that any one of us could pick up the narrative from the perspective of either one or both and just continue to have these strange adventures as writers, you know, so it would be a collective effort and potentially sort of an amusing detour from all the other serious-headed aspects of being a writer, all of which deserve equal time on this here Onion River Roundtable website here. What I'll do is go ahead and write one, since i'm in that mood right now, and post it with all the appropriate instructions on the intended collective methodology and just see what happens. In other words, you can even delete it if you want, but I'm hoping you won't.
Hope you're doing well, I can see yr smiling face.
Zack

2/12/2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Lené Gary said...

Hey Zack,
I'm sorry that I didn't respond to this post sooner. I forgot to check our "suggestions" link. Your idea for the ongoing posts is really interesting. I have to admit that I'm one of those creative nonfiction writers who writes better about things and nature than about people. I don't think I have what it takes to contribute, but it would be interesting to see how the game plays out with others.

Hope Colorado is treating you well.
(don't worry about the accent :))

2/21/2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home